Category Archives: Jonathan Parker
It’s no big secret that if you want to increase love and affection in your life you must first become a loving and affectionate person yourself! The trick is to NOT focus your efforts outward and try to do things to make people love you, but rather focus inward and saturate your mind with loving and caring thoughts and beliefs about yourself.
Love affirmations are an excellent way to do this because the conscious and subconscious mind accept what is often repeated. Once internalized, these beliefs then radiate a subtle field that prompts others to treat you warmly and lovingly.
The affirmations listed below should be reinforced throughout the day. You can read them aloud or silently in your own mind. You may find it most effective to repeat them first audibly and then again silently. When you repeat the affirmations silently it is best to move your lips even though nothing is audibly stated.
You can also reinforce the affirmations by using visualization techniques anytime you have a few minutes in your day. Simply sit back, close your eyes, and mentally imagine yourself radiating love in your aura, and attracting loving expressions from others.
- I radiate warmth and love to others.
- Each and every day I am more lovable.
- People return warm, loving feelings to me.
- I love being warm and loving.
- I attract others who are warm and loving to me.
- I am more lovable every day.
- Love energy flows through me and around me.
- Each day more love fills my life.
- I love myself and others unconditionally.
- I truly do love and want the best for others.
- Each day there is more love and happiness in all of my relationships.
- I give my friendships and relationships tender loving care.
- I am patient and kind and freely give my love.
- There is a loving beauty in life all around me.
- My love is genuine and strong.
- I naturally love others and they love me.
- I am a being of pure love.
- I naturally attract loving relationships.
- I automatically attract others who are loving into my life.
- I feel grateful for the abundance of love expressing through my life.
- I radiate pure love energy which attracts others.
- I am a beautiful person.
- Radiant love grows within me each passing day.
Begin to pay close attention to how you relate to others. Watch for subtle changes that reflect the increasing amount of love presence radiating from within you. The affirmations define who you are and are in alignment with the nature of your true self.
Be sure to greet others warmly, smile often, speak positively, and accentuate good qualities and experiences. Avoid negativity and concentrate on thinking, feeling, and behaving in a loving manner and it will soon be reflected as the wonderful natural being you are!
The below article was borrowed from Jonathan Parker’s website at http://www.jonathanparker.org/ where this and other good spiritual information can be found.
How to Create Your Own Meditation Retreat
How often do you find yourself driven by the pressures of having more to do than the time you have to do it? Are you stressed or bored sitting at your desk and not feeling like you’re part of a worthwhile bigger purpose? Do you find yourself pulled one way and then another by being a busy wife or husband, mother or father, or teacher or student? The question you have to ask yourself is when are you going to give yourself some time for yourself? Have you considered creating a meditation retreat for yourself?
If you can barely recall the last time you allowed yourself time to self-reflect, meditate, and go within, then it’s been way too long and you’re overdue for a meditation retreat. When you haven’t given back to yourself and nurtured your inner self, it’s time to stop and listen to the voice from deep within you that’s calling out for the kind of deep peace and healing that a meditation retreat offers.
When Your Inner Chatter Starts And Won’t Stop
Think of your mind like a radio. All day long you switch from channel to channel, and each station offers something slightly different from the last one. Some stations play music, while other stations are like nonstop talk shows. The question is what station would you like your mind to be tuned into today? Millions have discovered that through meditation there are ways to quiet the unwanted programs and replace them with restful peacefulness.
Time Out for Joy, Peace, and Happiness
Everyone needs a time out from the day’s responsibilities of work and home life. It’s time to make the decision to rejuvenate your mind, your body, and spirit. By taking time for your own meditation retreats periodically you will discover you can transform your days into a peaceful landscape that you can then transfer to your everyday life.
Meditation retreats offer the following benefits for your heart, mind, and soul:
- It allows you to be quiet, appreciate the practice of silence, and go within to explore your inner space and find clarity. You can be with the silence or explore receiving insights and answers that are not easily discovered in everyday life.
- You’ll be taking time just for yourself to enjoy either peaceful time in silence, or to listen to audio recordings of guided meditations to help you spiritually grow, find inner peace, and refresh your life.
- When you are free of distractions from work, children, and all the other obligations in your life, you’ll be able to reconnect with yourself in a new, deeper, and more peaceful way.
- You’ll emerge from your retreat with new perspectives and feel mentally and physically rejuvenated.
Creating Your Own Private Retreat
Your Everyday Mini-Retreat. A retreat can be something short and what I call a quickbreak mini-vacation in which you silence your phone, lean back in your chair, close your eyes, and go into your inner space for 5-10 minutes or longer. I have some short free videos that will guide you through this type of process at this link: http://www.jonathanparker.org/meditation-resources
Short mini-retreats like this can really refresh and rejuvenate you throughout the day, but for a more serious retreat you’ll need more planning.
Your Daily Retreat. The next level of retreat is your daily meditation practice. Here is a list of things to help you plan a successful daily meditation retreat.
- You will need to explain to the people you live with what you are doing and that this is really important to you, so when the door is closed you are not to be disturbed.
- Put a sign on the door that says, “Meditation in Progress. Do Not Disturb.”
- Make sure you have taken care of potential distractions such as turning off your phone.
- If your bedroom is the only place where you can do your meditation, then I suggest you do your meditations sitting up or you’ll find it too easy for your mind to drift or you may even fall sleep and you’ll miss the special benefits that meditation brings. If you can meditate in a room that you do not sleep in that would be preferable.
- Determine beforehand how long you are going to meditate. Meditate at a time when you are comfortable and don’t feel rushed.
- Be sure you are not hungry or tired. If you are tired try doing some light exercise or bodily movement to get yourself going. Some people find sipping a little coffee or tea before meditation helps them to be more attentive.
- The lighting should be low, so you may need to lower the shades or use an eye-pillow. If there are distracting sounds listen to some ocean waves or other peaceful sounds or soothing music with headphones.
- Once you have made all of your arrangements and have selected a guided meditation with an audio recording, or decided to just enter the silence, begin by taking a few slow deep breaths in through your nose, and exhaling gently out through your mouth to help settle yourself in.
- If you are not using a guided meditation you will find it helpful to select a word or phrase to repeat numerous times. The word can be “love” or “God” or “peace” or any word that is meaningful to you. I have often used the phrase, “I feel love and my soul in my heart.” You may not actually feel anything at first by using this process, but in time you will find that you move into a deepening experience of peace.
- If you can. I’d also suggest taking two or more days in which you spend most of your time meditating as I’ve just described. If possible you treat yourself to a change of scenery and check into a motel where you won’t have the normal distractions. Pick a place where there is beautiful scenery and a nice restaurant. Do several meditations throughout the day and evening.
- In-between meditations read some inspirational passages. There are many choices available for this such as “A Course in Miracles,” writings by Rumi, or other spiritual teachers.
- You may also want to attend a meditation retreat organized by a meditation teacher. In that case, you will have other like-minded individuals who can be a support to you.
The spiritual path is a long one, filled with discoveries and transformations. It’s also an experience of your spiritual evolution. Do you want to evolve your consciousness? Do you want to become realigned with your true calling? Do you want to feel centered, relaxed, and balanced? Your personal meditation retreat can do all that and much more.
Give back to yourself for a change, and experience a deeper part of yourself. If you are ready for your transformation, there is no better way than to invest in yourself in a self-directed meditation retreat.
Be sure to check out the many meditation resources I have for you at this link: http://www.jonathanparker.org/meditation-resources
What do world leaders, local business people, and you have in common? They are all spiritual beings having a physical experience. In other words, no matter how different we may seem to be from one another, at our core we are more similar than not. We’re all composed of energy patterns, existing on different vibrational frequencies. We may look different on the outside, dressed up as lawyers, teachers, students, children, and others, but we are all in the process of experiencing a life on Earth with different costumes and disguises which set us apart from one another.
Which way of being sounds better to you?
The result of negative, materialistic thinking sets up a low vibrational frequency, whereas a more positive all-encompassing state of mind creates a higher vibrational frequency which results in a happier, lighter, accepting, and more peaceful experience.
Your Vibrational Frequency Activates the Law of Attraction
The law of attraction’s golden rule of thumb goes like this – whatever thoughts and feelings you put out into the Universe, they will come back to you like ripples in a pool. So, if you think badly about yourself, blame others, or feel as though you could never have the success you’d like, not only will the Universe listen, but it will respond by giving you more of what you hold in your consciousness. If your consciousness holds low frequency reactions such as fear, anxiety, lack, and stress, those are the vibrational frequencies of creation in your life.
Block the Transference of Negative Energy
If you work with someone who is always complaining about their job, politics, or how they’ll never have the relationship they want, beware; they are operating on a low vibrational frequency which can affect you, especially if you are experiencing a low vibrational frequency as well. You see, similar energies attract each other and form connections.
Have you ever met someone who seemed to have a wonderful glow about them? Perhaps you noticed that life flowed positively in their direction, as if by magic. It’s not magic in a fantasy sense, but it is the magic of their positive energy cultivating a positive life outcome.
You can get more “magical” positive vibrational frequency in your life by following the guidelines below, and reap the benefits in all areas of your life, from your work life to your love life and everything else!
• Commit to taking the high road. Do you live with integrity or live beneath your core values? It is easy to be in conflict with your true self because you can be swept up in the dramas surrounding you. Life spins out stories that are engaging and trick you into believing they are real, when, in fact, they are perceptions of the mind that are so convincing that your thoughts and actions validate fiction. It is important to be aligned with your inner truth and not be saying or doing what is in conflict with your deepest soul because it is the only way to happiness.
Life is meant to be as happy and fulfilling as possible, despite what challenges may come your way. When you focus on the challenges in your current love-life, health, money, or work life, you are aligning with lower frequencies than that of your soul. If you want to become happier and as fulfilled as possible, turn on your soul light, which will automatically tune you to your highest vibrational frequency. I have a plethora of resources to help you connect with your soul at this link: http://www.jonathanparker.org/land/soul-resources
Most people react to a breakup, or layoff, or health crisis with a negative, “I’m-the-victim” mentality. Admittedly, circumstances like those can be some of the most difficult things to experience in life, but if you then resent or hate those who have hurt you, or continually blame or criticize yourself or others, you lower your frequencies and you ultimately end up paying a heavy price.
When one door closes, invest in discovering the depths of your soul or True Self that facilitates other openings. You’ll attract more good into your life by shifting from negative thoughts to positive soul-based outlooks.
• Let go of the struggle, and give in to the abundance. Instead of trying to chase down your dreams, aspirations, or opportunities recognize that if you operate at a low vibration because you’re unhappy with what you have, your low vibrations can only create and attract more of the same. So switch gears into a heightened vibrational frequency by affirming that everything you need to know is within you, and everything you need is either right here in the present moment or on its way to you.
• Use daily affirmations to help set your positive intentions. Daily affirmations are one of the fastest, easiest, and dynamically effective ways to become a happier and more positively focused being. Positive statements help you set your intentions, and they immediately raise your vibrational frequency. The trick here is to feel the sensations of your affirmation intentions, and hold onto those feelings for a minute or longer.
Here are some examples of the type of affirmations to repeat for happiness, success, focus, productivity, peace, and self-love:
- Thank you for my health, my family, my friends, and the network of love and support that surrounds me.
- My high vibrations cultivate a sense of financial security, vibrant health, and unconditional acceptance into my life, each and every day.
- I am enough, and give thanks for my life as it is.
- I attract a loving, committed partner in my life that reflects what I provide for him/her – joy, acceptance, love, and happiness.
- Everything I need or want in my life is within me.
- I am rewarded for my skills and unique talents which take me to new opportunities for growth and financial gain.
This is a great affirmation to add to your meditation practice today, ““The consciousness, acceptance, and ease of having
my dreams become my reality are mine now.”
When you stop being distracted by all the things the ego loves to attach to and start looking for the light and presence of the soul, you will realize it has been all around you all the time.
What bit of wisdom would you give your future self?
I remember seeing this before and just happened to come across it again and wanted to post the question again here.
Me? I would have MANY “bits” of wisdom to give to my future self! In fact I wish I could take this wisdom hop in a Time Machine and go back to when I got knocked off (away) from getting close to The Path and take that different route….